McGraw Hill boasts that Reading Wonders is the first and only reading program designed specifically for the Common Core State Standards for Reading/Language Arts. Combining research-based instruction with new tools to meet today's challenges, every component and every lesson is designed for effective and efficient CCSS instruction.
How is Wonders different than Reading Street?
- Wonders is much more rigorous than Reading Street. It is closely aligned to Common Core and challenges students to think on much deeper levels.
- Wonders embeds their vocabulary across unit curriculums wheres Reading Street does not.
- The writing component in Wonders provides much more support for students and teachers in addition to providing numerous examples.
- Wonders incorporates shorter complex texts.
- Overall, Wonders is a more in-depth programmed to challenge students and push them to new levels.